Just like the Mountain Men who gathered here over a century and a half ago to trade furs, swap lies, eat, drink, and explore our local Teton Mountain Range, Mountain Bikers from all over the west will be gathering in WYDAHO - Teton Valley, Idaho/Wyoming - for a weekend-long shindig now entering its 4th year!
Here on the Wyoming/Idaho border you’ll find:
- Hundreds of miles of sweet single-track
- Access to the nation’s only USFS sanctioned downhill trail system on Teton Pass
- Great lift-access downhilling at Grand Targhee Resort
- A top-notch dirt jump park and pump track
- Friendly, laid-back, mountain town atmosphere
- Outstanding scenery
- And the perfect summer alpine riding climate!
The 2013 WYDAHO Rendezvous will showcase all of these offerings and more:
- skills clinics at Grand Targhee Resort (including the NEW park!) and on-trail
- 2013 bike demos provided by multiple bike manufacturers
- DH, "chainless," Strava x-c and climgs, Super D races at Grand Targhee
- professional trials-riding shows
- music, libations and camaraderie
- RIDES! From short loops to epics, beginner to expert.
There’s a reason why Jim Bridger, William Sublette, and hundreds of other explorers, trappers, and Native Americans convened in Teton Valley in 1832. The valley is surrounded by three mountain ranges, with a scenic river flowing right through the middle. Temps in July are in the 80’s during the day and 40’s at night, an ideal escape from the heat. Wildflowers are peaking in the high country, and wildlife is abundant.
The Rendezvous will be based at Grand Targhee Resort, www.grandtarghee.com, with loding options ranging from camping (with showers) to luxury condos. The communities of Driggs and Victor offer a variety of lodging options in addition to the campsites we’ll have available both on Forest Service land and in town. And of course, we have bike shops to take care of you and your gear. For the non-bikers, there’s boating, fishing, hiking, and climbing both at the Resort, throughout the valley, and in nearby Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.
Your WYDAHO Rendezvous Festival Registration includes meals, shuttles, rides, races, parties, demos, clinics--the works! You'll also get a “swag bag” with maps, goodies and discount coupons for great stuff throughout the valley. All proceeds from the Rendezvous go to Teton Valley Trails and Pathways, a non-profit organization that improves and maintains trails in the region.